22/08/2012

My First Hardbound Book

After making a few exposed-spine notebooks, I wanted to try making a hardbound book, with sewn endbands, rounded spine, endpapers, in other words: the lot :)
I learned loads from watching the videos by this kind gentleman, and there are so many!
And this is the end result:
miniature hardbound book
My first hardbound book
 It turned out okay, nothing mind-blowing, with some flaws here and there, but there's one thing I really like about it: the entire text block consists of 1 sheet of A4 paper.
Which means the book is tiny :)
I wanted to see if it would be possible to make a book out of a single sheet of paper, and it turns out it is!
I have a few Tonner dolls, which are 16 inches (about 40 centimetres) tall, so I thought it would be cool to make the book fit their size. And it worked, I think :)

tonner doll reneé devereaux miniature book
Reneé Devereaux trying to read a book without words...
 I don't expect everyone to be familiar with Tonner dolls, so here's a picture with a standard size paperclip :)
miniature hardbound book paper clip
Size: 4x2.7x1 centimetres

No comments:

Post a Comment